National Cruelty Line

0300 1234 999

2020 figures so far





  • Kennels3resized

    the branch kennels

  • Kim2
  • Brando6
  • puppies 2
  • P1050833
  • puppies 17 05

Welcome to the RSPCA Westmorland Branch here in Kendal, Cumbria

We are an independent and mostly self-funding branch of the RSPCA, based in the historic town of Kendal in Cumbria, covering Cumbria and North Lancashire. All money raised by us stays in our area. Our main aim is to take in neglected or abused animals. We then nurse them back to health, rehabilitate and then find a loving, permanent home for each and every one. The RSPCA is an essential service, that heavily relies on the wonderful work carried out by a dedicated team of volunteers within our local community. Every penny raised, is used by the Branch specifically for the care of our animals and the prevention of further cruelty or neglect. Also, as part of the service, we provide veterinary treatment for animals owned by people on means tested benefits.


Help Feed Our Animals

    News & Events

  • Covid-19 Update

    With Regret we have had to close our shop today and for the foreseeable future. We have to protect our staff and volunteers. We can accept donations if you contact the office 736036 to arrange a drop off time. Winter clothes and Bric a Brac are especially welcome. The shop…

    Read more
  • Gaskell Hall Event

    Thank you to everyone who helped at Gaskell Hall. You raised a tremendous £932 that will go towards boarding our dogs and cats.

    Read more
Like to volunteer? Click here to find out more.

Help Feed Our Animals

We accept animals into our care for a wide variety of reasons, so whilst they are with us and before they are rehomed, it’s important that they settle into a regime of eating healthy, nutritious food. You can appreciate that with so many dogs to feed, we’re only too happy to ask for all the help we can get.

From as little as £1 a day, could YOU spare a little cash to ensure that our dogs have enough good food on their journey to recovery?