The Westmorland Branch is based on Highgate, in the centre of Kendal, Cumbria.
Our charity was formed in 1962, and covers the old county of Westmorland including the South Lakes and Eden areas.
The day to day running of our Branch is organised by a committee of locally elected volunteers who are responsible for the overall management and administration of the Branch’s affairs. One of the most important areas of the Branch’s activities is the rehoming of cats and dogs. Our animals are housed in private boarding establishments 15 minutes south of Kendal and can be viewed by anyone looking to adopt.
Our Dog Kennels
Viewing times for dogs are from 8.30 am – 11 am and 2 pm – 5 pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday and 8.30 am – 11 am Wednesday and Sunday. The kennels are closed at lunchtimes (12 pm – 2pm) and on Wednesday and Sunday afternoons (from 12 pm onwards). Potential adopters wishing to view a specific dog should ring and book an appointment with the coordinator, or kennels if not available. Members of the public arriving outside of these times will not be able to view the animals. Please avoid disappointment, especially if you are travelling a long distance, by checking the dog is still available and booking an appointment.
- To alleviate suffering and to rehabilitate neglected animals.
- To find new and loving ‘forever’ homes for our animals.
- To promote neutering & microchipping campaigns around our area.
- To offer financial assistance towards vetinerary treatment for those pet owners in receipt of means tested benefits.
- To provide information and on-going educational campaigns regarding positive animal welfare.
Where We Are
Telephone : 01539 736036