The Westmorland Branch is based on Highgate, in the centre of Kendal, Cumbria.
The day to day running of our Branch is organised by a committee of locally elected volunteers who are responsible for the overall management and administration of the Branch’s affairs.
One of the most important areas of the Branch’s activities is the rehoming of cats and dogs.
Our animals are housed in private boarding establishments 15 minutes south of Kendal and can be viewed by anyone looking to adopt.
Our Dog Kennels
Viewing times for dogs are from 8.30 am – 11 am and 2 pm – 5 pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday and 8.30 am – 11 am Wednesday and Sunday. The kennels are closed at lunchtimes (12 pm – 1 pm) and on Wednesday and Sunday afternoons (from 12 pm onwards). Potential adopters wishing to view a dog should arrive half an hour before the close of viewing times. Members of the public arriving outside of these times will not be able to view the animals. Please avoid disappointment, especially if you are travelling a long distance, by noting down our viewing hours and attending within these times only.
If you are thinking about adopting a dog, please read our leaflet ‘Getting Ready for your RSPCA Rescue Dog’ so that you can prepare yourself for bringing your new dog home.
- To alleviate suffering and to rehabilitate neglected animals.
- To find new and loving ‘forever’ homes for our animals.
- To promote neutering & microchipping campaigns around our area.
- To offer financial assistance towards vetinerary treatment for those pet owners in receipt of means tested benefits.
- To provide information and on-going educational campaigns regarding positive animal welfare.
Where We Are
Telephone : 01539 736036